Moneda Capital

tiarnalamh

Registered User
Messages
45
Wondering has anybody invested any lump sum with this company? How did you find them? If you did, have you got your original lump sum plus interest back?
 
Don't touch anything related to this company.

Google listed this company as the owner of the "European Deposits" website, which the CBI issued a warning against.

Avoid.
 
I checked out this company.

There are many reasons why you should avoid dealing with them.

1) They have this warning on their website, which should be enough
The content of this website has not been approved by an authorised person within the meaning of the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000. Reliance on this website for the purpose of engaging in any investment activity may expose an individual to a significant risk of losing all the money you invest.

This website is exempt from the general restriction (in Section 21 of the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000) on the communication of invitations or inducements to engage in investment activity on the grounds that it is made solely to Certified High Net Worth Individuals , Self-Certified Sophisticated Investors, and Professional Investors.


2) There are no details of the product on their website. You must submit all your information first and then they will contact you.
So we have no idea what the product is or what the charges are.

3) It is not regulated by the FCA in the UK.

4) It is not regulated by the Central Bank in Ireland, so if you have a problem, you cannot complain to the Irish Financial Services Ombudsman.

5) According to their websites, fraudsters impersonate them, so if you see attractive rates from Moneda, they might not be from Moneda.
1751626762809.png



As they have a website entitled monedacapitalireland.com I brought it to the attention of the Central Bank who replied as follows:

We can confirm that the firm calling itself, ‘Moneda Capital’ and operating the website address, https://monedacapitalireland.com/, holds no authorisation from the Central Bank. Whether a particular entity requires to be registered or authorised by the Central Bank depends on the exact nature of the services provided by the entity.

As there is no information about the product on their website, I have no idea if they require authorisation from the Central Bank.
 
The Central Bank does not appear to have published a warning notice about them. So I don't know

1) If they are offering services which do not need to be authorised
2) They are a scammer and the CB has not just not issued a warning.

I had emailed the company directly and got no reply.
 
First thing that I get when I visit this site is this which doesn't inspire confidence...

Important Information​

As you may be aware, we are under investigation by the Financial Conduct Authority (“FCA”). A full asset restraint order took effect on 2 September 2025. At this stage, the FCA does not wish for us to provide any details beyond confirming that an investigation is ongoing. Anyone seeking further information should be directed to the FCA directly at 020 7066 1000 (Case Reference: UB00019).
I can't seem to get past this popup to the site proper. I guess that a full asset restraint means that they cannot engage in business for the moment?

The UK FCA mention the investigation here:
 
Last edited:
Wow!

I brought them to the attention of the Central Bank back in June and got this reply late last week.

Dear Brendan,

We refer to your protected disclosure report dated 24th June 2025.

The information you provided has been assessed by Central Bank of Ireland (Central Bank) and that assessment has now been completed.

We thank you for bringing this matter to the attention of the Central Bank and for your time and attention in doing so.

As previously advised, in accordance with our statutory obligations of confidentiality, the Central Bank cannot provide any details regarding whether or not any action is taken as a result of disclosures received.

Kind regards,

Protected Disclosures Desk


I had not realised that I was making a Protected Disclosure!
 
I can't seem to get past this popup to the site proper.

Or maybe you are not rich enough?

They also seem to have amended their website so there is now a big splash screen where you need to confirm that you are a High Net worth etc before you can access the website.

 
Refundee Ltd is a claims management company authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority in respect of regulated claims management activity. FRN: 937096. We charge fair fees on a no-win no-fee basis, which you can view here. We never ask for money upfront. Recovery outcomes are not guaranteed and will depend on the specific circumstances of each case.

Moneda Capital Group - Recovering Your Funds​

29 Oct
Refundee is currently speaking to victims of the Moneda Capital Group (also known as Moneda Capital PLC & Moneda Capital Asset Management Ltd) as part of our ongoing investigations. We believe that we can help victims recover their funds from this through UK banking regulations.
 
Just realised that these guys had threatened me with defamation over some earlier posts which I had to delete.

23 June 2025

Urgent Takedown Request​

I am writing on behalf of Moneda Capital Group (https://www.monedacapitalgroup.com) to formally request the removal of a forum thread hosted on your platform that contains false, misleading, and defamatory statements about our business.

Offending URL:
https://www.askaboutmoney.com/threads/moneda-capital.239280/

The thread contains multiple posts that present unfounded allegations and inaccurate claims regarding our company’s operations, business integrity, and reputation. These statements are not only factually incorrect, but they appear to be designed to mislead the public, cause reputational harm, and discredit our brand.

We would like to emphasize that none of the individuals posting on that thread are affiliated with our company, nor do they have insider or accurate knowledge of our business practices. No attempt was made to verify the claims with us directly.

Request:
We respectfully request that this thread be removed in full from your website as it violates your platform's standards related to defamatory content, unsubstantiated claims, and potentially violates Irish defamation laws, particularly under the Defamation Act 2009.

Should this not be resolved promptly, we may be compelled to pursue formal legal action to protect our business and reputation.

Please confirm receipt of this request and let us know the expected timeline for resolution. We are willing to provide documentation or further clarification upon request.

Sincerely,
Rene Wang
Chief Financial Officer (CFO) Moneda Capital
 
Some of the posts are harrowing

I invested my life savings into a Moneda savings account at the end of April 2025 that was offering 4.75% after I'd done a Google search for fixed rate savings accounts, where a website came up with a list of companies to invest with and they were one of them. I'd previously registered with Raisin UK to get a savings account with them (I wish I had stuck with them now) but as they'd been dragging their heals about getting back to me after registering with them and a week having gone by with no contact from them about them having opened an account for me (Thanks Raisin. You idiots), I decided to register with Moneda who were much quicker to respond. So I did the bank transfers with a 'Senior Portfolio Manager' called Harry Gill who advised me that my funds would be protected by FCA and the FSCS. And again, I only decided to go with them because of the Google reviews, Trustpilot reviews and Glassdoor reviews which were all 4.5 to 4.8 out of 5...and the one that gave me the most piece of mind was the 250 reviews on Trustpilot. Now at this point, I'm thinking that the majority of these reviews are fake but you just wouldn't think someone would spend all that time and effort to leave 250 reviews! Crazy. so now this week on Tuesday, I tried to log into my account via their website at monedacapitalgroup.com and that notice about them being investigated by the FSA was on there and was preventing me from logging in. I then looked up the investigation of Moneda on Google and it told me that they're under investigation because they are NOT covered by the FCA and the FSCS...and I had a terrible sinking feeling me stomach as I realised I'd been scammed. And now I'm extremely worried
:(
 
Harrowing indeed. Google are strongly implicit in these stories via accepting advertising without verifying if the entity is genuine and regulated or not first. Thankfully Google have got better over the last year at routing out deposit scammers.
 
Don't touch anything related to this company.

Google listed this company as the owner of the "European Deposits" website, which the CBI issued a warning against.

Avoid.

This was one of the posts which I had to delete as a result of the threats. But you didn't have any record where Google showed this as Google had taken it down. Damn your efficiency complaining to Google! :)
 

They had an Irish address which I reported to the Central Bank​

Republic of Ireland​

Harcourt Centre, Block 4, Harcourt Road, Dublin 2, D02 HW77





☎️
+353 (0)1 264 1864
 
8 months for the CB to do an investigation into something that has multiple red flags.

That is just not good enough.

Should not take more than a couple of weeks if they were properly motivated and resourced to protect consumers.
 
Back
Top