Mondeo Seats

Squidward

Hi,

I just recently purchased a 2004 Mondeo Zetec. The car is great to drive however, the lumbar support on the drivers seat is killing me! I have tried adjusting it several times, but even at the lowest setting it's still digging into my back.

Can these supports be removed or is there another remedy??

Cheers..

On the lowest setting the support is withdrawn totally back into the seat itself.

Maybe your seat adjuster is broken?

I'd sit in another one if I were you, just to check.

I was thinking that something is a miss with this, I have also sat in the passenger seat, it too (even at the lowest setting) is still sticking into my back.

I have also noticed a popping noise from the back of the seats when driving. My wife also notices this from the passenger seat too.

are you sure your adjusting the right part half way up the seat,,??
these can be removed the seat needs to be stripped have done thousands of mondeos and never a complaint in that department before,ususally the electric seat height fails alright

Yep, I'm adjusting the smaller lever, and I can feel it moving in and out, yet, at its lowest setting is still pertruding slightly. Drove in to work this morning and the back of the seat must have popped about 20 times!

Is it expensive to have them removed or would I be better purchasing one of those car seat cushions to see if it improves the situation?

Back