Mobile wifi device

Zelda1959

I have upgraded my contract with Eir and been given a new device. I asked if they wanted the old device back and they said no. I now don't need it and am wondering if can I sell it?

By mobile wifi device do you mean your modem? Or are you talking about a mobile phone? If the former I doubt very much you would get anyone to buy it off you!

That still doesn't explain what you mean Zelda!

Uh, it does if you know what a mobile Wifi device is (and if you don't you probably can't help the OP). It's a miniature battery powered cellular modem and Wifi hotspot, also known as a Mifi. It's not a mobile phone but it does have a SIM and can send SMSes.

OP, it does need to be unlocked from the Eir network to be of use to anyone. So you'll need the unlock code from Eir. Don't know how much of an aftermarket there is in these things. How's the battery life? ... if it's old it's probably degraded.

cheers dub_nerd - I wasn't sure if it was a case of "I have this mobile wifi device thingy on my desk, is it worth anything" from someone not sure of their terminology, versus "I have a Mifi, is it worth anything" from someone very sure of their terminology! It sounds like the latter. Apologies OP, no offence meant! :D
I think it just shows that it was me who was a bit of the clueless one here! :oops:

Last edited:
Back