MOBILE Q

O

okidoki987

I have a Pay Monthly O2 phone and the other half has a Speakeasy (on it's last legs). The new phone she wants will cost 299 (upgrade Speakeasy) but if I get the same phone on a pay monthly upgrade, it's only 99 Euro.
If I get the phone upgrade, can I give the phone to her to use with her SIM and keep my old phone?

If I get the phone upgrade, can I give the phone to her to use with her SIM and keep my old phone?

You will probably have to get O2 to unlock it. If you have had it for a while and bought a certain amount of credit over that period (something like €125 or more I think) then this will cost nothing. Otherwise they may ask you to pay something to cover the pay as you go handset subsidy. Alternatively you may be able to get it unlocked somewhere else although this may contravene the terms & conditions of your agreement with O2.

Shouldn't need to be unlocked seeing as both of them have 02 numbers. So yes, you would be able to do that.

Should work OK.

Earlier this year I was (and still am) on O2 contract and wife was Vodafone contract.

She switched to O2 pay-as-you-go. I got a new handset (E99) and gave it to her to use with her new O2 SIM. I took her old handset (which she got from VODAFONE) to use with my O2 contract SIM and everything has worked fine since.

Shouldn't need to be unlocked seeing as both of them have 02 numbers. So yes, you would be able to do that.

Sorry - was thinking of switching a pay as you go handset to a SIM on another operator's netework. I guess pay as you go phones are network locked but not SIM locked these days?

Have a look through these pages for the Free Nokia Mobile Phone Unlocking. It's very good

Back