Mobile phones with integrated handsfree speaker

Shaz

I am thinking of upgrading my mobile phone using the o2 website. Came across Nokia 6030 Champagne that has an integrated handsfree speaker. Is that like a handsfree speaker phone that you would have at home where all you have to do is press the button and it becomes handsfree, no need for earsets and mic? This would save me having to get bluetooth, wouldn't it?

Even the cheapest handsets have a loudspeaker option which allows you to use the phone handsfree in speaker phone mode But it will run your battery down sooner than using it normally.

Is that like a handsfree speaker phone that you would have at home where all you have to do is press the button and it becomes handsfree, no need for earsets and mic? This would save me having to get bluetooth, wouldn't it?
Yes. This is the same function. And as CM points out, it is available on most handsets now.

Usually a one button function (look at the screen while on a call should say "Loudspeaker" or something similiar [possibly the symbol of a speaker with three lines eminating from it]) or on some of the older ones you may need to scroll through options to get it [that's only on very old phones, most now understand that LS is usually activated in a hurry so one button activation].

On a seperate note, is this acceptable to Gardi as a handsfree option?

The microphone is still very small on these phones, I found myself shouting at the phone in order to be heard by my caller when using it in the car. Its only usefull to me in the house or office when the caller is giving me information that I need to write down. I use a bluetooth headset in the car, I think its the biz.

hi ye most phones would have loudspeaker but the bluetooth option would be much clearer , the 6030 isn't bluetooth compatable but the 6021 is at €79 (in the shops) the online shop seems to be having some issues at the moment as well so i'd advise where possible to buy instore. as well by law once the phone is not in your hand or supported by your body in any way then it is not illegal so a loudspeaker would be fine.

Back