Mobile phone insurance not covered when posting

usteb1

Hi,
I have my mobile phone insurance,i sent them to uk by registered post to fix my phone,but its looks like it lost in uk. Now insurance company saying that they not covering lost by third partys,so you can claim your lost to post.im confused because i did pay extra for insurance in case will be lost,and now i cant claim because is lost. Anyone had simillar situation?

Please post in more simple terms. Was the phone lost in transit? Have you checked with an post to see if it was delivered to the address you sent it to? If it was delivered, where in UK was it lost and by whom?

Strange you'd post it; An Post doesn't accept items with batteries in the mails.

Please post in more simple terms. Was the phone lost in transit? Have you checked with an post to see if it was delivered to the address you sent it to? If it was delivered, where in UK was it lost and by whom?
I sent by registered post international,when im track my parcel it shows that is in uk in the transit,but it took one month and is still in the same place,its not delivered,i called to anpost they say first try to call to uk royal mail,and try to get more info,i call them and they said that because its exceeded delivery time you have to claim anpost claim for missing parcel.so one month i was waiting for my phone and now no phone and insurance not covering because it was lost by third party.

You used an post. It is not delivered. You make claim against an post.
I got you,but my point is I payed extra every month for two years for my mobile phone insurance in case will be lost or damaged,and now insurance company saying that its not covered,yes i can claim post but i will not get back same as i my phone cost.

You have my sympathy, but that is the risk you take when you pay for their service and accept their T&Cs.

You have my sympathy, but that is the risk you take when you pay for their service and accept their T&Cs.
When i was reading t&cs they never mention that if you send your gadget you have to take your own responsibility.i will try to write a complain aswell.we will see.

Generally those policies are written to provide protection if you lose it yourself, but in this case you had handed it over to An Post. At that point they became responsible for it and your insurance cover likely no longer applied. Did you insure the parcel?

Which insurance company and can you point to the T&Cs?

Generally those policies are written to provide protection if you lose it yourself, but in this case you had handed it over to An Post. At that point they became responsible for it and your insurance cover likely no longer applied. Did you insure the parcel?

Which insurance company and can you point to the T&Cs?
We just call them and they sorted out everything,they will do as not repairable phone and will give money back and will keep same insurance to my new phone.

Reactions: Leo
Back