Mobile Phone Credit - VAT

myqwerty2023

Hi All

I have recently switched from bill pay to PAYG to save some money.

Am I correct in interpreting that I can still claim VAT back on the Credit I purchase, I was looking at revenue and this is the only link I can find "Mobile Phone Credit"

Thanks In Advance

Hi All,

I wanted to clarify my query a bit further. I've recently transitioned from a bill-pay mobile plan to a pay-as-you-go (PAYG) system to manage costs more effectively. My main question revolves around the VAT aspect of PAYG credit purchases. From my understanding and based on the information I found under the "Mobile Phone Credit" section on the revenue website, it seems like there might be a possibility to claim VAT back on these purchases. However, I'm not entirely sure if my interpretation is correct, especially in the context of PAYG plans.

I would greatly appreciate it if anyone with experience or knowledge in this area could share their insights. Has anyone here successfully claimed VAT back on PAYG credit? Or, if there are tax professionals or accountants in this forum, your guidance on this matter would be invaluable. I'm looking to ensure I'm compliant with tax regulations while making the most of potential savings.

Thank you in advance for your help and insights!

The bill needs to be in the company name for you to claim VAT if its a Limited Company.
Not sure how it would work for a Sole Trader.
But yes, VAT on PAYG is reclaimable, it may not be broken down on the receipt but you can calculate it retrospectively.

Back