Mobile pest texts

Mrs V

Does anyone know how i can find out who owns a mobile phone i keep getting messages from a number i dont know about personal stuff beginning to freak me out a bit. Dont think Vodafone will give me details if i call them any suggestions.

Re: Mobile pro

Firstly text stop in reply in case its one of those subscription firms. Secondly send a text or call the number and ask them to identify themselves. It may be someone you know. If they still come and it is giving some bad messages then report it to the local garda station asap. Maybe do steps 2 and 3 in the station if you dont feel comfortable.

Try calling them and ask. Ask your own provider and get the number blocked.

Do a google search with the phone number and see if it has been posted anywhere.

Re: Mobile pro

I have replied asking u it is & i have also called the no the phone seems to off all day i got the 1st msg at 8.07am i think its all abit weird to be honest.

Well if they are still texting you need to report. You may also want to read the guideline 3A
Please take a little time to write your post carefully. Use complete sentences. Use paragraphs for longer posts. Do not use Text Speak.

Disable caller-id on your phone, give the number a ring and when the owner aswers, blow on a whistle as hard as you can!

I have had this problem in the past and cured it by sending a text in reply asking the person not to contact me anymore and if they did, then the next time I would be making a formal complaint to the guards and giving them the number. Job oxo.

The phone is still off so i cant do anything awhile its annoying thou coz they seem to know stuff about me and i have no idea who it is

I had this problem a few years back and solved it quite simply by changing numbers.

I also advertised something for sale recently using my mobile number and some idiot obviously thought it would be a good idea to make a perv call to me. As soon as I realised it was such a call I told them they were through to Det Sarg. Vanilla and did they know I could access mobile records to trace their number and would they like to discuss it in detail down at the station. They weren't long hanging up.

Try ringing directly to their voicemail. Many people personalise the message with "Hi, this is xxxx. Leave a message"

You can do this by prefixing the number with a 5. So, 087 - 5 - (the number).

If unsuccessful contact the providers and register with them that you are recieving nuisance calls. I don't think the gardai can help.

Its worth contacting the service provider (of the other number). They will contact their customer on foot of your complaint.

I had a similar problem where someone tapped in my number (seemingly at random) to forward their calls to.

The service provider eventually got through to the brat via some of his other contacts from this phone bill and told him I had been in touch w. the Gardai (which I had).

They didn't let on that it would take 3 months to bring a harrassment case of course; but the comment was enough to get him to sort it out.

You can definatly get the number traced, I had a problem before and a friend who worked in a phone shop traced the number and sorted the problem for me. Although if it's a ready to go fon might be hard enough to trace because they don't need to register the phone. If it's personal stuff the person obviously knows you!!!!

Back