Missed mortgage payment with Ulster Bank

Ush1

I started a new job and made a bit of a mess up by not changing the day my mortgage is taken out on.

I have a mortgage payment due on the 4th but won't have the money there until the 5th. I rang Ulster bank and was told make a manual payment the next day.

Would this effect my credit rating or anything else?

I started a new job and made a bit of a mess up by not changing the day my mortgage is taken out on.

I have a mortgage payment due on the 4th but won't have the money there until the 5th. I rang Ulster bank and was told make a manual payment the next day.

I would call in in person if possible Ulster Bank appear to have a very good banking system in place to help people who have problems ,

I happened to be in my local branch last week and seeing them first hand dealing with Issues thrown us by there systems the have a go to person in place in my local branch who provide a very good service ,

Last edited:

Short answer: no, assuming it's sorted out within a few days. Mess ups like this happen all the time. It won't even be noted internally, much less notified anywhere else.

Back