Misleading advertising by Amazon

I had to find this in very small writing
View attachment 5951

Then it added postage and packing anyway

View attachment 5952

And then I had to study it again to find

View attachment 5953
Then it recalculated it without the delivery.

This is unnecessarily complex

So it's misleading.

I only know all that, because you told me. Most people would just get suckered into joining Prime and being hit with a monthly charge they did not intend to apply for.

Brendan
Hi Brendan

To be fair to Amazon - there is an option there for Free Delivery without Prime - which would get you the item by the 13th of December

Have to say I find the library a great place for all my book, DVD's and CD's and best of all it's free
I'm not saying I don't buy the above items but for the last 10 years the library has allowed me to cut these purchases by at least 90%
If they don't have what I'm looking for they will 9 out of 10 times either source it for me through the Irish or English library system
and I believe that if they can't source an item for you they have the option to buy it and put it into the system
Pre Covid I was able to go to the library outside normal hours with "My open Library" which was a nice bonus

No, there's an option there on the left in blue text to decline 1 day delivery. It's almost hidden, but it's there.

It is so easy to sign up to Prime by accident.
Not nearly as easy to unsubscribe!
That happened to me so I don't use Amazon now

I've come across these "Prime only" items from time to time.

It can be frustrating but it does state "Prime only" so it is not misleading advertising.

Back