Mira Elite 2 Shower goes wonky every summer!

B

bmaam

I've seen great advice on here about these showers. If anyone can shed any light on this problem I'd be very grateful. My Mira Elite 2 acts up as soon as the weather turns warm. It just happened again for the first time this year two days ago. What happens is that after about 10/15 mins the motor starts to work really hard, it sounds like an engine screaming. Turning it off for 2 mins and back on again allows you to get the conditioner out of your hair! Having it set to a lower temperature to begin with will buy extra time. Thanks again for any info.

I have no advise, but I've had exactly the same issue with the Mira motor making horrible sounds in 2 houses I've stayed in down the country, not summer related though.
They also ran boiling hot, with a very low flow pressure!
Maybe this is a common Mira problem?

Nicola

there is a little filter in the shower that has to be periodically cleaned, lackof causes most of these problems

Skingtile can anyone clean the filter or do i have to get an electrician we have a mira elite 2 with similiar problems

Anyone can, I've done it. Just ensure you have the power in the house turned off (At the fuse box) as you have to remove the front cover.

I had this problem in a house I lived in a few years ago.

Every summer the Mira Electric shower would go haywire! Scalding hot with flow cutting out.

I never got to the bottom of the problem but I assumed it was due to warmer water reaching a faulty thermostat in summer.

aj

Anyone can, I've done it. Just ensure you have the power in the house turned off (At the fuse box) as you have to remove the front cover.

Hi, Thank god I came across this forum!! I have the same problem with my shower right now-only giving scalding hot water or freezing cold water despite the pressure and temperature settings..
How expensive would it be to hire an electrician to clean the filter? I wouldn't even attempt to do this myself!

Cheers
Marie

Marie,

Its very easy, you really don't need an electrician. I would turn off the power to be absolutly sure, but all you need to do is unscrew the front cover and find the filter towards the bottom corner, its only a small gauze thing. Steep this in vinegar and it should help the problem. If you don't have the courage to try it, ask a friend to follow the instructions.

Folks,

You need to isolate the water supply to shower before you remove the in-line filter or else you will have a nasty surprise when the water is spraying all over the place and you can't stop it...

J

Folks,

You need to isolate the water supply to shower before you remove the in-line filter or else you will have a nasty surprise when the water is spraying all over the place and you can't stop it...

J

I've never had this problem nor have I done anything with the water supply, can you explain further?

The in-line filter is behind a hexagonal nut. If you open the nut before turning off the water supply to the shower, it will leak at pressure...

J.

Might be no harm to steep the actual shower head in vinegar also to clean it. The build up in the head may cause the hot/cold problem

Might be no harm to steep the actual shower head in vinegar also to clean it. The build up in the head may cause the hot/cold problem

I've given that advice in another thread too Cayne, it works well for me but you still need to sort out that filter over time too.A pain but it works well and seems to last a long time.

Does removing & cleaning the filter solve the noise problem or just the hot/cold water issue.

I have a serious noise problem with my mira shower. Is it possible to stop this noise, its seriously loud.

Its like as if the whole floor is vibrating. Is there a product to counteract this. I posted comments on AAM before but cannot find the thread.

Its a combination of the floor vibrating due to the pump munted on it & I think the noise coming from the pump. Any way of solving this one, besides getting a new pump.

Back