Minister Donohoe publishes discussion paper on virtual currencies and blockchain technology

Perhaps, perhaps not. I did think the question of what the alternative difficulty level should be set at to be a reasonable question.
As for your counter that the proof of why it is set at where it is lies with the developers, also a reasonable question.

So to try a bit of 'game theory' of my own;

Here is Oxford English Dictionary of 'game theory';

"noun
mass noun
  • The branch of mathematics concerned with the analysis of strategies for dealing with competitive situations where the outcome of a participant's choice of action depends critically on the actions of other participants. Game theory has been applied to contexts in war, business, and biology."
Perhaps if all the participants could signal if they agree with this definition then this forum could resume?
Ok, Oxford Dictionary good enuff for me:oops:

Being obstinate can be a quality in one's character, but also a flaw...

I'm as guilty of being obstinate on occasion as the next person here.

There's an important lesson here for all of us, if we want to see this website continue to grow, attract new people willing to exchange information and engage in healthy debate.

I used to really like U2's music and regularly went to their Irish concerts. However, as the years went on, I got so sick and tired of listenting to Bono preaching to me, rather than singing and entertaining me, that I stopped going to U2 concerts and have since stopped buying their music. It's fair to say that both U2 and I have lost out as a result of this.

Perhaps it's time we all reflect on ourselves a little, and ask ourselves if we need to be a little more open minded, or at least willing to accept that we can't always convert others to our way of thinking ?

Seeing someone who engaged in detailed discussion elect to leave AAM is not a good thing. Hopefully Gus will have a change of heart after allowing a little time to pass.

Last edited:
Back