Minimum mixed contribution contributory pension

ardmacha

I am in the public service, but won't reach 40 years unless I avail of the possibility to work to 70.
In the 1980s, before I started this job I had 180 class A contributions and also some J class contributions.
As I understand it a partial mixed PRSI pension is possible if you had 260 A contributions and 260 D contributions, the latter is no problem I have 32 years of these).
I also have 3.5 years of UK contributions, mostly credited but a few paid. As discussed elsewhere I can buy additional UK years and could get a minimum pension from them.

Am I correct that with only 180 A contributions I cannot get any partial Irish PRSI pension as it stands and there is no way to make up the deficit?
Can the existing UK contributions be added to make up the minimum requirement? Are there rules about the validity of credited or voluntary UK contributions or any resource that points out these rules?

I can buy additional UK years, but I want to bring the 3.5 years of Irish contributuons into play. As I understand it as I am now resident in the ROI it is the Irish authorities who should combine these and I want to make sure they will count purchased years in the UK.

Back