Minimum allowable living expenses 3+2

Struggling

Hello,

Currently trying to negotiate split mortgage and trying to get clarity on the standard minimum allowable living expenses (before housing / rent payments) for a family with one 20 year old living at home earning 150 euro per week part time and husband and wife and one primary school child and one secondary school child.

Thanks

S.

Check out the [broken link removed] and note that 20 year old is not covered by it.

Check out the [broken link removed] and note that 20 year old is not covered by it.

Thanks Jim, that's my issue. I understand that the 20 yr old is not allowed for under insolvency guidelines but for purposes of mortgage restructuring, I'm trying to find out if they get an "allowance". They exist, they live here, they don't cost nothing.

Given that the 20 year old is working, maybe they're considered self-sufficient for the purposes of the guidelines? (I'm not saying I would agree with this approach necessarily.) There's definitely a gap in the guidelines for the over 18 group, particularly with regard to those in full-time 3rd level education but living at home.

Back