Mini Digger

Traceybere

Hey,

Just looking for some advice.

We are building a shed / room out our back garden. After 4 days of tirelessly digging foundations someone suggested a mini digger.

We have no side entrance bit we were told we could get it through the house using planks of wood across the floor.

Can anyone recommend a place to hire or has anyone put one throught there house?

Any advice would be appreciated

Thanks

Unless you have double patio-doors front and back and internal concrete floors and an experienced digger driver I would not recommend bringing a mini-digger through the house or using it to excavate in a tight space.

As your location is not filled in, you might say where you are based in order to locate your nearest hire place (although maybe I can guess ... )

I agree with matherpac on the experience and skill of the driver. You can seriously hurt or main a person with even the smallest digger.

You can hire a mirco-digger which is 0.75 of a ton which will fit through a 28" doorway. There are plenty of digger accidents on Youtube, one of which is a lunatic getting fired off one off these micro's like a bucking broncho.

Ideally hire a machine and driver for a day. They will be insured if anythong goes wrong, water, cables, gas etc. Big Bang!!

Back