Milner's Square, Santry

Deposit is not refundable.
Also if a buyer pulls out of the sale the following will happen:

1. Loose Deposit
2. If the Builder can only sell your apartment for a cheaper price than agreed on the contract with you - YOU will have to pay this difference.

Deposit is not refundable.
Also if a buyer pulls out of the sale the following will happen:

1. Loose Deposit
2. If the Builder can only sell your apartment for a cheaper price than agreed on the contract with you - YOU will have to pay this difference.

Rip-off ireland at its best.people painted into a corner on overexpensive property and denied thier statutary rights.

What statutory rights?

If a buyer signs a contract - after reading the contract hopefully -
then effectively its an agreement between the builders and the buyer?
This was written about in the Irish papers - possible Sunday Business Post a couple of weekends ago - exact situation explained..
The point made - was if after signing a contract and the price of the apartment increases in value on the market - then the builder may not be happy about having agreed on a lesser cost - but because of the contract must / is obliged to honour the terms of the contract - and keep to the lesser price.

So it works the other way - a buyer cannot pull out of the contract - because the market goes down and prices decrease..

At least that's my understanding?

Hey folks,

Mark Tighe from the Sunday Times newspaper here. If anyone has had problems getting their deposits back from this company on this Milner's Square development could you contact me?

A friend of mine has alerted me to what is happening with this development and I'm hoping to write a piece about it.

My email is mark(dot)tighe (at) sunday-times.ie.

All the best,

Mark

hi all. has anyone any views on the development in Milners Square. Paid deposit in Nov 05 due to finish Feb 07 no sign of finish yet. Has anyone who purchased taken any action. Recd. a letter in Jan saying possibly finished in April, but passed them today no chance.

Would really like my money back at this stage.

Adi

Adi,

if you paid your deposit (and signed your contracts) in Nov 05, and almost 3 years later there's no sign of you getting your keys, you should look back through the exact terms of your contract. I've recently signed contracts for an apartment which should be ready early next year - touch wood - and in the contract (or maybe the lease... in some of the paperwork I signed anyway) there was a paragraph about the builders completing the apartment within 36 months.

Check to see if your paperwork contains some similar clause, and what happens if the timeline is passed.

Good luck!

Back