Mileage Expense or Relocation Expense

epopnomis

I have a qestion around claiming mileage expenses, I have set up a ltd company which is registered in Dublin, however I will be required to work in Carlow Monday to Friday, can anyone tell me if I will be able to claim mileage for this during the week or another option mayeb to relocated Mon-Fri to Carlow, can I claim back my hotel or shared accomodation through the company, surely someone else out there is in a similar situation.

Thanks in advance

It isn't clear whether you intend billing your own ltd company or the client company for your travel and hotel expenses.

If it's the client company, then it should be specified in the contract with them and invoiced out accordingly. You then as an employee of your own company submit expense claims in line with Revenue approved guidelines.

If you have no travel expense arrangement with the client company, it may get a bit trickier. If you have no other clients and travel to a fixed location for work each day where someone else (your supervisor / manager in the client company) directs your work, then Revenue / Social Welfare may deem you to be an employee of the client company.

I would be under the second category, I do tend to work at home some days so I spend a considerable amount of time in Dublin, I would say its a 60:40 split, surely I can claim for the mileage from Dublin to Carlow and back?

Back