Microbore Heating Systems

daithid2000

Anyone here know anything about Microbore heating systems.

My parents are doing a bit of a job on a few of the rooms in their house, and the Da heard something about these radiators giving out much more heat from a small size rad? Is this true? Can you just get some different rads put in to the existing system, while leaving the old rads in other rooms?

Thanks

Microbore is not as popular as it was once was. The advantage of micorcbore is that the small bore pipe means that a smaller volume of water is contained within a microbore installation. A smaller water volume will heat up more quickly and this results in fast response times and fuel efficiencies. I contacted Mueller Europe last year (Oxford Street, Bilston, West Midlands WW147DS) who are manufacturers of copper pipe and they sent me an excellent guide on central heating ("Heating Book")which gave comprehensive advice on designing a microbore system. Try Google and access their website. Among the advantages given for Microbore are:
Less jointing, easy pipe installation, less builder's work, lower fitting costs etc.

Back