Micra wiper problem

dandy

Hi all, I have a problem with the linkage on my 04 Micra windscreen wipers, it drops out and they wont work. This happened about 2yrs ago and the main dealers replaced the linkage, I would expect this repair to last a lot longer should I kick up a fuss?

I know a few who have had similar wiper problems recently, I would guess the garage would argue that the wipers were being used to clear the recent overnight 4 inches of snow, or been switched on while the blades are still frozen solid to the windscreen both of which put massive strain on both the motor and linkage.

Windscreens should be cleared of heavy snow and blades unstuck from windscreen before wipers are switched on.

Look up Motors on boards.ie as there is a recent post there re micra wipers and it explains how to repair same.This appears to be a common problem on Micras

Highlight,
Thanks for that link did the repair myself slightly different to the other guy but it worked a treat. Just saved 260 euro that's what main dealer quoted to repair some ripoff!

Back