Mick Lally R.I.P.

A great pity, a man that had plenty of good years ahead of him. Also seemed a very sound character, any interviews I read of him he seemed a fairly frugal lad, cycling around the place - I dont think the Celtic Tiger ever influenced him.

He'll live long in the memory of anyone under, say, 25 from the institution that was Glenroe.

Even though it should be said that the Miley/Fidelma scene in the hay barn gave me nightmares for weeks!

Very sad news. Memories of sitting watching Glenroe and Murphy's Micro Quiz-m on Sunday evenings eating crinke cut chips and granby burgers.

Could not wait to see what happened with Miley and Biddy.

Sad day.

Only seen him in The Matchmaker a couple of months ago and was commenting on how he never looked any different over the years.

Seen him a good few times in little spar shop on the south circular road, very pleasant, chatty man and obviously a screen legend for us. RIP.

Glad to see you're into recycling, Complainer! Old but good. But do you know the answer to my question?

What did he die of?

Lung cancer - apparently. At least, this is what I read on some newspaper headline in a shop this morning.

Marion

I read somewhere that it was Emphysema. The elasticity of the lungs is diminished and the exchange of gases is badly affected. It also stated that this type of disease is on the increase while heart disease is falling.

Back