Michael o Leary and global warming

Ah I remember the 1990's and I was told our old fridge and even my can of deodarant had CFC's and I was personally responsible for damaging the Ozone layer :eek:

Ozone layer was the buzz word back then, much the same as climate change now

So what happened our beloved Ozone layer in the end?
As that story sure disappeared!

I wonder in ten years will climate change be replaced by something else.

I remember in the 80s :eek: being told that Herpes would finish the world, then Aids, then the Ozone layer disappearing, then the Arctic and Antartic melting through global warming (prime real estate in Katmandu) and now obesity, climate change, solar flares, nutters with nuclear power etc. In olden times the experts knew that the world was made in 7 days. Go figure. I would take more notice of Homer Simpson than some of these nerds. O Leary has a valid argument but as the Press's whipping boy, the Fourth Estate wins again.

Read some time ago about the cyclical nature of droughts in Africa over a thousand year period. Didn't know Ryanair had CFC emitting cargo camels down there then. Scientific data to prove this as well as folklore. Would any of the sacred gentlemen of science care to explain this phenomena? With as little hubris as possible, if possible.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sahel_drought

He has got a point.

Climate change is a natural phenomena that has been going on for millenia
Enjoy reading here

http://calderup.wordpress.com/2010/05/01/about-henrik-svensmark/

The real driver of climate change is the Sun but why bother with facts when researchers can extract funding for any nonsense as long as they promote AGW whilst ignoring any other science that shows otherwise.

Unfortunatly in Irleand the lack of critical thinking supported by an idiological and cult type belief amongst members of government has led to to useless "carbon" taxes and some of the most over priced electricity and fuel prices in Europe that continue to damage the economy.

In the 70's they were very concerned about global cooling - thought that we were on the brink of a new Ice Age.

Ah I remember the 1990's and I was told our old fridge and even my can of deodarant had CFC's and I was personally responsible for damaging the Ozone layer :eek:

Change in manufacture of goods to remove CFC's solved the problem. )BTW, the guy who discovered/invented CFC's was also the guy who first added led to petrol.)

Global warming is a different matter.

So what happened our beloved Ozone layer in the end?

Yes there was a huge hole in the ozone layer. Ask the Aussies. And yes 'we' the human race fixed it (or reversed it) by eliminating CFCs. A success story.

It never ceases to amaze me how you people fall for MOL's publicity stunts every time.

Are you all Jedward fans too?

Back