Key Post Methods to avoid/minimise Credit Card charges with Ryanair and Aer Lingus

Re: Using entropay.com to avoid Credit Card charges with Ryanair and Aer Lingus

The chap from the BBC Moneybox programme said they could possibly accept cash at an obscure address in Stockport.
It would be great if people then called them on it and showed up in the thousands. A Ryanair-booking flash mob...

It is game over for Visa Electron.
http://www.ryanair.com/en/news/gen-en-301109

At least prepaid Mastercards are easier to obtain.
http://www.payzonemoney.ie/

The downside to the payzone card is that there is a loading fee of €3.50 for amounts from €10 to €350 and €5.95 for amounts over €351 to €500.
Here is the real killer, there is a per use fee of 2.95% of the transaction value.
Also there is an inactivity fee of €3.50 per month that the card is inactive, once the card has been inactive for 3 months.

I have some funds on my Entropay Visa just for the purpose of booking cheap Ryanair flights, if I transfer these over to the Entropay Plastic Mastercard will this be accepted as a free payment method by Ryanair?

Only 1 way to find out. :)

I'll do a test booking tonight at midnight so and let you know tomorrow.

I'll do a test booking tonight at midnight so and let you know tomorrow.
Made a booking with no cc fee using an Entropay Prepaid Plastic card this morning. As I had £200 on my Entropay Visa just for the porpose of booking Ryanair flights , I did a transfer to the Mastercard and used that to book the flight and it went through no problem.
I also know someone who used a Payzone Mastercard today as well and his worked fine on Ryanair too.

Excellent news.

It is game over for Visa Electron.
http://www.ryanair.com/en/news/gen-en-301109

At least prepaid Mastercards are easier to obtain.
http://www.payzonemoney.ie/

The downside to the payzone card is that there is a loading fee of €3.50 for amounts from €10 to €350 and €5.95 for amounts over €351 to €500.
Here is the real killer, there is a per use fee of 2.95% of the transaction value.
Also there is an inactivity fee of €3.50 per month that the card is inactive, once the card has been inactive for 3 months.

Lets do the maths.

I put €350 on to my card. One off charge of €3.50.
Book 10 x €5 flights = €50. Total charge €1.47.

If I make a Ryanair booking every three months there won't be any inactive charge.

Seems O.K. I can also purchase these in newsagents etc

I had huge problems trying to book flights for my family for christmas on Ryanair.

In the end I had to give up and book using my mastercard as the flights were going up in price.

After a lengthy registering and problems loading funds onto the card, when I finally went to enter the card details and charge it on ryanair, it was declined.

Can anyone tell me if they have had any similar experience and why this happened? Very frustrated user !!
:(

There can be problems with any payment method at times - it is all authorized via complex online channels after all and the technology behind these can break down. But in my own experience, Entropay has been very reliable so far. They seem to be checking very little - as long as the CC number, expiry date and CV2 code match, the payment should go through. You can use any fantasy name and address and Entropay should still accept the payment.

One thing I can think of is insufficient funds. If say your flights cost €20, you figured that was GBP 18 and loaded that amount, it could be that by Ryanair's exchange rate, it is actually GBP 18.50 - leaving you 50 pence short on your Entropay card. This happened to me before. In such cases, Entropay would refuse payment.

Hi there, for some reason, I got charged the €10 on admin fees, with the entropay just now has this been stopped?

dah thanks , well just joined that now, but asking entro for a refund as it didnt work, the ticket is not confirmed not sure why but see, so the charge to get a payzone one is €6 apparently and i will get in the post a few days, bet you the flights will have gone up!!
cheers

@deeheg: Netteller is cheaper than Payzone.

But slower.

hi sumatra, just a quickie, can you use irish entropay currency instead of sterling for aerlingus?? they say they accept visa electron is this the same thing?

You have to use sterling with entropay.

thanks undo and bond, i have just signed up neteller so do i do this currency in euro or sterling?? I think i am going to start losing money setting things up, I may as well cancel payzone and loose the €6 joining fee?? when booking a flight later what name do i use electron user or Mastercard user? thanks for all your help

an hour later and i have no patience set it up put the money on, didnt read the label and now have to send off documents, unlike entropay netteler does not refund the money to you! but has a very nice instant chat helper with the kind of patience you want to kick

ps not blonde!!

Netteller you can set up in euro. Only for Entropay did you need to use the Sterling trick. And yes, setting up Netteller is unnecessarily difficult. They ask for all sorts of paperwork and documents. But once you get through that, it is straightforward.

thanks undo, well i lodged money on neteller already but cant get access yet sent off the info today, but apparently you can only use the neteller prepaid card not the virtual one yet on ryanair so far, so will have to wait another bit longer

Back