Methods of paying tax Bill?

anntionette

Hi does anyone know the answer to this? I cant find any info on payment methds to the revenue. my money is in my credit union and i don't have a credit card... so can I pay my tax bill in the post office or in a bank or the tax office?

Only way I paid before was by sending in a cheque. Even up to last year this was the requested way.

It depends on the amount the type of tax. If you are PAYE the Revenue typically collect it by reducing tax credits. If other taxes (e.g. CGT, CAT) an assessment typically issues which will have a payment slip and that can be used at a bank. Failing that you can always send the Revenue a bank draft with either a covering letter or a payment slip to the Collector General in Limerick. I've never known the Revenue to refuse money because it was paid in the wrong way (yet!).

They can deduct it directly from your account. You'd want to check whether your post office account can facilitate it.

If you are set up with Revenue's myaccount service you can pay by debit card once you can identify a few details to ensure the amount collected is credited to the right bill.

Thanks for the replies. Rang revenue they only accept online banking from AIB & BOI! Strange. I Dont have a cheue book. Didn't think of a Bank draft! Which of course coukd work as I do have the Bic and iban with my income form 11 bill. It's over 2k so I do hope it works, Thanks!

Back