Meteor - offer of a lifetime?

fme

Hi all - just wanted to share my thoughts...
Meteor are doing a lot of advertising at the moment about this pre-pay 'offer of a lifetime' deal so I thought I'd check the small print and sure enough there is a catch.

Free texts to any network sounds good, however as I'm currently on their Anytime Plus tariff, if I switch over, all my calls jump from 20c per min to 29c per min (plus they sneak in a minimum 3c charge)
So while overall it might be better to switch, thats not necessarily the case. Be sure to compare with your existing tariff first.

I find 29c to be very expensive.

I can make meteor calls at 13c.(off Peak)

I would look at your mobile phone usage before switching.

I too will be sticking with my old Leisuretime Plus 'No Twister' plan. I get 30 days' free texts to other Meteor numbers every time I top up by €20, and I rarely spend more than €10 a month.

And I am on the Anytime original plan, which means my Meteor to Meteor calls are only 9c a min all the time!

Its all down to your usage though, the new plans could be very good value to some people (I believe there is a free meteor to meteor calls and texts option as well).

The thing to really watch out for is that once you change your old plan is no longer available, so you can't just try it out for a month.

I had to switch tarriffs but i mostly phone meteor anyway so i will find it difficult to use up the €20 i have to put on every month, But i dont mind to much will be heading to UK in a few weeks and will use it to roam
Vodafone done the exsact same now lol.

Back