Meteor broadband to go

KatieC

Just bought the Meteor broadband to go two days ago. Just €79 for the dongle and paid €19.99 for a 30 day pass. I am using it for much as possible for the next couple of days incase in need to avail of the 7 day return policy.

Its going pretty well except that I am being charged the daily rate of €2.99 instead of the €19.99 monthly rate which I have already bought.

Have sent an email to Meteor to sort it out but haven't had a reply yet.

Just want to tip off anyone else who got this product which was introduced three days ago

How is it working though? One of my mates on the inside reckons it should be the business as contention ratio will be tiny...

Let me know how this is going for you , am thinking of getting it myself as a handy backup

Its going great, phoned Meteor today and it turns out that after I put the top-up in, I should have registered it as a 30 day pass. This is a bit messy and I feel the system should know if I am adding €2.99 or €19.99!

Anyway its sorted now and I have been credited back the two days' credit I used and am starting off on a €19.00/30 day pass from today.

Anybody else bought this product?

Hi Katie,
What are the speeds like at various times of the day, bearing in mind any figures on the box/ad are theoretical and completely unreachable e.g. my O2 one is "capcable" of up to 7MB/sec download but the highest i've seen 1Mb/sec.

At 11.51am today I tested the speed on www.speedtest.net and have the following:-

download - 1314 kbps
upload - 1100 kbps

I am at work and the coverage is better than at home - I have 3G/HSPA Meteor here while at home I have 'edge' coverage which is a little slower, but I will test there too.

Katie

Back