Messi Masterclass

ccbkd

Simply awesome last night...has too be considered the greatest of all time! We are truly blessed to have a genius like this in our lifetime!

I was laughing with joy at his first goal, so audacious he really is something special. How Barca are 10 points behind Real is astonishing.

I don't think there are enough superlatives to describe Barcelona's, and particularly Messi's footballing talent.

They dropped points earlier in the season I think through lack of concentration, as they expect to win every game easily.

Looking forward to them meeting Real Madrid in the Champions League.

Simply awesome last night...has too be considered the greatest of all time! We are truly blessed to have a genius like this in our lifetime!
Ah, he's not bad, he's no Paddy McCourt, but he's not bad! :)

In all seriousness though, played 42, scored 48 this season, and it's only March.

He's the best ever, no doubt about it for me.

I wouldn't argue against your contention that Messi was "Simply awesome last night..." or even that he "...has too be considered the greatest of all time!". I know I'm being pedantic but I think it's OTT to say "We are truly blessed to have a genius like this in our lifetime" :)

I wouldn't argue against your contention that Messi was "Simply awesome last night..." or even that he "...has too be considered the greatest of all time!". I know I'm being pedantic but I think it's OTT to say "We are truly blessed to have a genius like this in our lifetime" :)

No not if you love the game and appreciate brillance in whatever shape it takes!

I wish there were 20 more players like him around. His talent does an enourmous amount of good for the game. He really is exceptional.

It really is a pleasure to watch him in action - two footed & can head a ball , great balance , vision & brave.

He certainly is up there with the greats - Di Stefano , Puskas , Maradona , Charlton , Best , Beckenbauer , Cruyff & my own pick as the greatest ever - Pele.

I think his extensive HGH use as a teenager will always leave doubts in people's minds about him.

While it is accepted that he had genuine growth problems as a child which needed medical attention, it is difficult to imagine that the HGH has not altered his body in other ways give him better athletic ability than he otherwise would have if allowed to develop naturally. Not saying this was intentionally done, as any reports I've seen about it say he genuinely needed the treatment for a genine problem, but nevertheless, has he benefited from unintended side effects?

I'm of the belief that what differentiates great players from the ordinary lies in the mind - the ability to see scenarios before others.

I am minded of the story about Beckenbauer about whom it was said that he wasn't the quickest between A & B but then again he rarely started from A.

No sane person will doubt him because he was given HGT as a child. The guy is an absolute genius and will go down as one of the best ever. He is a 24 year old who makes me giddy like a child when I watch him. Ridiculous! Must be said though that a couple more of the Barca players aren't bad either.

Back