Mens Clothing - Older style

Thirsty

Looking for some help - I need to buy a selection of clothing for an older male relative; who is currently unable to get to the shops.

I have his sizes and a good idea of the sort of things he prefers. My problem is finding them in the regular stores. M&S is usually a good standby, but all I was able to get today was shirts.

So I'm on the hunt for formal 'suit' style trousers (this person has never worn jeans or similar casual trousers and never will!) and button up cardigans. Pull on jumpers and zip up cardigans are not suitable for him. And they have to be machine washable.

Does anyone have suggestions?

TESCOS (F&F section I think it's called), the bigger Dunnes are two suggestions *but* a size is not a size consistently anywhere I've ever shopped. Make sure returns/exchanges are accepted with a receipt or whatever other proof of purchase is acceptable. I take XXL in US sizes, depending on cut, a XL might fit but I find with UK and Euro sizes even 3XL is too small.

Didn't see anything in Dunnes today, will try Tescos.

All the big name stores will take returns with tags / receipts; which is great for something like this.

Didn't see cardigans on the Jim Markey website, but I can ring them tomorrow; thank you.

Any others?

Would you buy online from M&S - they do click and collect?
Lots of mens cardigans:

Louis has some but they're a bit on the steep side.

Maybe its just me but I don't think you will get great quality in the F&F range in Tesco especially if you want to be able to wash in machine.

Best Menswear don't appear to have the cardigans but maybe the trousers or other items.

Harvey Nichols appear to do some.

Back