Medicine & Practice East v West

if it works..........

I am not going to try and sound as all knowing and intelligent as the above contributors. All I can say is that from personal experience I have found alternative remedies, particularly homeopathy, to be amazing. Its a pity that peoples ignorance means they won't give it a chance.

As a teenager I suffered from acne on my face and back as well as extremely painful periods and constant misery, not uncommon for a teenager I guess, but I was very unhappy in myself. Went to the GP, got all sorts of creams and drugs, went on the pill and all other manner of treatments, but nothing worked. I would be in so much pain every month I'd vomit, migrane, mood swings, it was a horrible time in my youth. My wonderful mother took an interest in homeopathy and decided to bring me for a consultation. Now, I did not have any faith in it at the time, in my mind if the GP couldn't fix me, then no one could. I nearly didn't go.

I got my remedy and my life was transformed in weeks. I havn't had spots since, periods are normal, no migranes. My mother was so stunned by the transformation that she studied it and now has a masters. I've strangely always had a nagging skeptisism about homeopathy until I need it and I never cease to be amazed by the fact that it works again, and again and again.

I understand why people are skeptical but surely if an alternative medicine makes you well again then its not such a bad thing if the recommendation didn't come from a doctor? Doctors havn't always been right. I think an open mind and willingness to try all options is essential in treating an illness. If you were sick enough and the GP didn't have any answers would you just leave it at that? NO. I'm sure you'd be checking out those alternatives if you thought for a second it might work. Daltonr, the right motivation would have you kicking down that hippies door ;) .

if it works..........

> All I can say is that from personal experience I have found alternative remedies, particularly homeopathy, to be amazing. Its a pity that peoples ignorance means they won't give it a chance.

Whatever about some alternative/complementary treatments homeopathy is just rubbish, depending as it does on the "memory effect" of water which has been proven not to exist. See the link that I posted earlier.

Anybody who benefits from homeopathic treatment is benefiting from something other than the substances consumed - perhaps somewhat unquantifiable effecsts such as placebo or or the feelings of well being passed on by a caring practitioner - and may as well drink a few glasses of tapwater instead of spending money on snake-oil concoctions.

> I understand why people are skeptical

In relation to homeopathy specifically - yes - and with good cause. It has absolutely no objective scientific basis.

I don't begrudge you the health improvements that you have undergone and which you attribute to homeopathic treatment but I just don't believe that it was the treatment that did it.

Back