Mediation process with the Ombudsman following removal of tracker

If you are to complain regarding the Fso and the process , who do you complain to ?
Surely there is an external body one can complain to if unsatisfactory fso process. Is there European group which has oversight of all fso s in Europe or equivalent ? Too easy for the bank if they know the fso on there side ( country too small ) . Suggest complain to such a group , they might sit up then . The more I hear of this, I wonder should the central bank and fso not have external European group ( European bank ? , other ?world bank ?) validating their decisions in this area .

There is nobody to complain to if you're unhappy with the FSO. You can appeal their finding to the High Court. That's pretty much it I've found.

I faired better mediating with the bank myself and got a better outcome than i did through mediation with the FSO involved. In saying that, it was the complaint submitted to the FSO that brought the bank to the table in the first instance. The better outcome came separately when I opted to proceed to adjudication and dealt with the bank outside the FSO complaint.

My issues were not tracker related though.

All cases are subject to a confidentiality clause.

To sum up, I felt the FSO are still very much on the banks side, felt pressured by FSO to accept their first offering even though it was in no way reasonable.

Thank you for that. Can you advise who I should ask to accompany me to Mediation? I have been informed that there will be 3 bank officials

I met them on my own, was two bank officials. You could bring a solicitor or a family member. I expect no solution will be offered on the spot so there won't be any decision to make and just be clear and prepared and set out the facts of you case

Hi Dan ,
I am surprised you didn't get answers to your questions. I have a mediation meeting with the FSO and AIB on Wednesday 24th January - I will answer all your questions on 25th Jan.

Hi Robert,

I hope yesterday went well - if you get the chance to share any info, that would be great.

Hi Dan ,
Before the meeting started, I signed a confidentiality agreement which I intend to honour. I brought a friend with me who knows all my affairs. It was conducted in a very professional manner
and a fair outcome was achieved by both parties . I would strongly recommend this procedure. I wish you well.

Back