MED1 rebate

bridget clar

Hi all ,

Has anybody got a rebate from revenue on their med1 form. I sent mine in in early Feb and I am still waiting. I rang the local office just now and they do not take telephone calls in the afternoon, they do their post then.

I sent in my Med 1 in Mid January. Took about 6 weeks. Must have got in just before the rush

Sent mind around mid January also. Got the rebate paid straight into my bank account around six weeks later.

bridget clar said:
Hi all ,

Has anybody got a rebate from revenue on their med1 form. I sent mine in in early Feb and I am still waiting. I rang the local office just now and they do not take telephone calls in the afternoon, they do their post then.
Did you definitely send it to your specific regional office or to some central location? The latter would definitely delay processing.

I sent mine and my partners around the same time. He got his within 2 weeks, and I haven't got mine yet. Two different district offices, so it depends. mine is the Dublin 2 office and it takes forever there!

thanks to all who replied. Phoned this morning and they say they did not receive it so I have to start again.

Sent mine in February, got it about 3 weeks later. Still in shock that it was processed that quickly!!

I sent mine as soon as I got my P60 from employer a couple of months ago.

1. I received a statement to say that they were offsetting the tax back against tax I owed (due to employer screwing up).
Would you normally receive a cheque ?

2. Should my P60 have been sent back to me ? - No sign of it. Just a tax statement.

I supplied them with my bank account number so would have expected it to end up there, rather than a cheque. But tis all money in the end so not a problem.

I didn't send in my P60, just a photocopy. I needed to have my P60 around for other things at the time and I heard about how impossible it is to get it replaced if An Post lost it so didn't want to risk it. I would think you should have had it sent back to you though. It's one of those important tax document thingies.

Back