Hello
I am looking to apply for Carers Allowance for my sons. I am married and based on my husbands income we would qualify for Carers Allowance. Regarding the Means Test I have a small property which I purchased before we got married. The mortgage is paid and the plan is / was to sell and use the money to pay off our very large mortgage on our current family home. The problem is the property will not sell currently and it cannot be rented either due to defects. These defects will take 3 years to rectify. The problem is it will be seen as Capital when we are reviewed. Anyone know a way around this? Thanks
I am looking to apply for Carers Allowance for my sons. I am married and based on my husbands income we would qualify for Carers Allowance. Regarding the Means Test I have a small property which I purchased before we got married. The mortgage is paid and the plan is / was to sell and use the money to pay off our very large mortgage on our current family home. The problem is the property will not sell currently and it cannot be rented either due to defects. These defects will take 3 years to rectify. The problem is it will be seen as Capital when we are reviewed. Anyone know a way around this? Thanks