mcdowells new house

E

EAMONN66

what do people the the min for justices planning woes.
personally i cant stand the man, but think if the only issues are that the external finish is a bit different and the house was built a metre too low , it makes no difference whatsoever and typifies the way things go on in this country. it is a beautiful house and as such will only enhance the look of the area where it is situated .

quote - from bono i think (the great philosopher of our time)
in america if someone gets rich , people look at him and think
some day ill be that guy

in ireland they think.

some day ill get that guy

The hoose

agree totally Eamonn. He built lower when most muppets build far too high which is of course objectionable .

The external finish looks fine for the design, its not like he put granite all over the front of his semi in Blanchardstown .

Storm in a teacup #445 and its all his wifes faulty too anyway :)

Re: The hoose

I agree, It's a story about nothing and in this case I feel sorry for the man. There's quite a bit I disagree with that he does but this reflects more on the people making an issue of it than it does on him.

Re: The hoose

In general, it is a case of much ado about nothing - but I see nothing wrong with the council doing 'due dilligence' to confirm that planning is met. If everyone else has to reapply for PP for such minor variations, then the same should apply to Mad Mullah McD.

The Hoose

www.unison.ie/irish_indep...e_id=11534

Not everyone does apply Rainyday, especially seeing as they'll get away with such a paltry fine......

Can someone answer me this who knows a bit about building - If I get approval to build a house of 'X' size designed by my architect, how can the builders just go and ignore the plans for others submitted at a later date (and without the approval of the planners). Surely there's a simple way of making sure whats built is what was planned..........or am I thinking of Utopia here

I did hear of one case (in Kerry I think) where a couple had to demolish a house which was built without permission - but maybe that's just the exception rather than the rule.

I agree that if someone builds without Planning that they should have to demolish the building. Its a total disregard for the planning laws.

In McDowell case he had got planning premmision and the building is not totally compliant with the planning conditions as in the building is 1 meter to low.

Does this justify front page headlines and lead story on 6 news? Off course not. If every house that was built in this country was checked by the relevant councils that they were fully compliant with the planning conditions you would find most off them would not be compliant 100%

Johno

Planning in Roscommon

I think there is more to this storey than just getting at Michael McDowell ... firstly it shows the ineptitude of the planning department in Roscommon ... surely this must be the worst run planning dept. in the whole country. Why did a planner not inspect the site earlier in the construction? Was commencement notice given?

Secondly as Griffner Coilte is the construction company ... is this the press trying to have a dig at a semi state company ... is the minister paying full whack for what he's getting?

Thirdly ... what kind of a fool would build too low near a lake ... especially one that is already so low lying and prone to flooding like Kilglass ...the engineers should be shot.

what kind of a fool would build too low near a lake

Well he is a TD, isn't he?

Re: Planning in Roscommon

Henny Penny - it is not the planners job to ensure the building is built to plans. It is the owner/builder/architect/engineers job.

Someone gets permission based on a particular submission - if they choose to ignore the permission granted it is not the fault of the planner. However, the enforcement section of the planning department does have a role here and once non-compliance has been uncovered they can and do act.

The fact is that it is not a planners responsibility to go around every development in the country ensuring that the construction complies with the permission granted.

z

House

WILL YOU ALL GO OUT AND GET A LIFE YOU SAD, INANE, BEGRUDGERS OR DEAL WITH YOUR JOE NORMAL LIVES AND ACCEPT YOU SHORTCOMINGS.

:mad :mad :mad :mad :mad :mad :mad :mad :mad :mad :mad

House

And in addition to the previous clever post, this should be my 100th, yippee, do I get a title promotion??????????

//

I read that Mary Harney was prompted to seek the Health portfolio by the poor level of treatment her mother recently expereinced.

Maybe McDowell's realisation that the planning process to which "normal" people are subject is laughable, he might be tempted to seek the Environment portfolio at the next opportunity and tackle the whole sorry mess on our behalf.

Then again, he seems to have quickly gone the legal route whereas most ordinary joes have to grimly accept their fate.

Back