MBNA has overcharged its customers by €18m!

I didn't care for the sarcastic tone of their letter where they said, we have credited your account with the refund but by the way the minimum payment is still due. This despite the fact the refund was way in excess of the minimum payment for that month.

Does anyone have an e-mail address for MBNA, as I have got one of those letters, for a card which was closed over 4 years ago !!

I woiuld very much like to receive a full break-down of the over-charging, how it was calculated, etc.

This form letter just will not do.

They have given Freepost address to write to, and a Freephone 1800contact number.

But, there is no e-mail contact.

If necessary, I will send snail-mail to the Freepoat address, but e-mail would be much more efficient.

Thanks,

I'm Desperate, Dan!!

My friend and I were recently travelling from Dublin Airport. My friend was stopped at the entry to the departure gateway by Ryanair CC repres. to take up a MBNA CC.
She innocently signed up and duly received her cc in the post. She never used it and some months later got a bill for about €70 for the use of the card.
She got many reminders and eventually paid that amount to get them off her back.
Be Warned.

My friend and I were recently travelling from Dublin Airport. My friend was stopped at the entry to the departure gateway by Ryanair CC repres. to take up a MBNA CC.
She innocently signed up and duly received her cc in the post. She never used it and some months later got a bill for about €70 for the use of the card.
She got many reminders and eventually paid that amount to get them off her back.
Be Warned.

Be warned of what exactly?

Your friend signed up for a Ryanair/MBNA credit card and was (more than likely) then hit with two lots of stamp duty.

I've seen those salespeople many times and one is free to ignore them.

Hi Pat,
2 lots of stamp duty would not amount to €70 . This happened in May and the charge was discharged following November. 2 lots of duty would not have been payable.
Can you think of another reason?
regards Browtal

Hi,

I used to have an MBNA card (between approx 1999-2005). I was more foolish with money back then and incurred quite a bit of interest and fees. I eventually paid it off and cancelled the bloody thing.
However, during that time I was living in various rented accomodation. If they sent a letter to my old rented house there is no way it would find it's way to me now. Can I contact MBNA to see if I am affected by the refund (I don't even have a record of my old CC number)!

I am currently an MBNA customer with a new card I took out but have learnt the hard way to pay off my balance in full every month. Anytime I call them about anything it is very difficult to get speaking to a person. Is there a hotline that deals with this? - I looked on their website but couldn't see anything.
Thanks

Back