MBNA Credit Card arrived - no questions asked!

ngwrbc

If this has been thrashed out before my apologies but i'm :mad: with MBNA. I was on pigsback.com few weeks back and saw an advert for MBNA Credit Card (I already have c.card with my own bank). I out of boredom clicked on the link, entered my name, address, date of birth and mothers maiden name and went to the next page where it asked for bank account details etc. I couldn't be bothered entering these so I closed out of the screen.

Few days later a pin number arrived followed the next day by a goldcard with an €8,500 limit!! When I contacted MBNA they told me that as I was a member of pigsback I was pre-authorised...now this confuses me to start with as I dont see the connection between both parties but its rather worrying that anyone can click on this link (if the MBNA customer service person is right) and get €8,500 in credit!!

to finish, MBNA did say that if I didn't ring the activiate phone number supplied with the credit card that it could remain in place as a backup card and that there would be no Govt Levy charged. Since I received card I have received all the other rubbish mailings that they send, cheque books, higher limit offers etc. Infuriating really.

I've asked them to stop sending me mailings but they continue to arrive, the whole thing seems crazy to me!

now this confuses me to start with as I dont see the connection between both parties but its rather worrying that anyone can click on this link (if the MBNA customer service person is right) and get €8,500 in credit!!
There may well be something in the terms & conditions to which you agreed with signing up with Pigsback or when using the MBNA advertisement/form that allows them to do this. Remember that you don't actually have to use the card or the €8.5K credit limit. If in doubt ask them and/or IFSRA for clarification on whether or not this sort of approach is legitimate.
I've asked them to stop sending me mailings but they continue to arrive, the whole thing seems crazy to me!
If you don't want it then cut the card up (into small pieces and through any magnetic strip and/or card chip) and put it in the bin/recycler. Then return any subsequent junk mail to MBNA (ideally in any pre-paid envelope that they provide) and write on it that you want to be removed from their maling list and check out the advice [broken link removed].

Then return any subsequent junk mail to MBNA (ideally in any pre-paid envelope that they provide) and write on it that you want to be removed from their maling list and check out the advice [broken link removed].

Im not too sure if that's essential ...

AFAIK, if you send something in the post without the postage being paid, it eventually gets delivered to the recipient by An Post, along with a cost for postage & an additional handling fee ;)

As regards the unwanted mailings, personally i cancelled my card with MBNA because of their junk mail policy! In any case a lad from office emailed this guy and the junk stopped [email protected] He appears to be Head of Finance in Carrick-On-Shannon

Back