MBNA/AVANT card short settlement

netz

Wondering if anyone knows anything about short settlement? Been on paymnet plan with MBNA for just over 2 years - 2 cards, did owe 22k, down to 12k paying at 360 per month. Mortgage company will no longer accept us paying reduced payments on mortgage while paying this amount in unsecured debt - which is understandable enough. Have offered to pay Avantcard a total of €90 per month instead, which is our total disposable income at the end of every month, and this is on REDUCED mortgage payments - to which they said no way, but said if I throw a figure at them they might be in a position to short settle and register default. Card A owes 5500, card B owes 6700. Any idea what figures to offer them? My family would willingly help here if this was the end of it - I dont mind going into Default, hope never to have a loan other then the Credit union ever again. I only paid 90 last month 45 + 55 and the letters have started coming in already.

Assume all interest and penalties on the ccs are stopped and you are dealing with recoveries? Offer €3500 in full and final settlement, they might settle for €4000. New insolvency legislation is on the way if they don't play ball. What are the numbers on your mortgage - amount owing, interest rate etc ?

Yes all charges were stopped 2 years ago, that's how we managed to pay off 10K. Mortgage - 189K owed, should be paying 819 per month, in MARP, paying 520 (interest plus a little off capital) House worth approx 110K. How should I offer the Should I offer 1500 off card A, then 2000 off card B? They wont deal with the 2 cards combined for some reason.

Our income at the moment is approx 460 per week plus 260 PM child benefit.

Interest rate is Tracker (only found this out last month)

MBNA have accepted 30 to 40% in full and final settlement and there are threads on here confirming that. Offer them 30% on each card ie €1650 on card A and €2000 on card B and see what they say.
I don't see the mortgage company doing a whole lot when you're covering interest and some capital, despite what they might say.

Got a letter from AVANT this morning to say my payment plan was now cancelled, and that interest and charges were being applied to the account as I had breached my agreement with them. I rang immediately, and was told to disregard this letter as it was computer generated. I am in fact still on pay plan but gone into arrears. Guy on phone said when I reach a certain amount of arrears, I would get a call from collection dept and because of our financial situation, they will accept a short settlement. I said how much, and he said its up to me to make an offer, so I said if I got my hands on €1000 (for one of the cards) would they accept that? He said no, but if I could get that figure a little bit higher that they would probably accept and register a default. But he said to wait till collections team get in touch, and to send in a new SFS so they know our current financial situation, but in the mean time keep paying whatever I could afford.

Back