Key Post MBNA are torturing me with phone calls over cc arrears

Re: MBNA contacting you

Hi Ireland 1 , I think on the internet that is just if you want to receive additional marketing information, how would you like to be contacted, eg. via phone, post or email.
As far as I know.

MBNA are stalkers and the only way to deal with them is to be darn right rude nsappy and short. If you question them and are short and snappy with them no matter what they say to you they get shaken. They arent prepared for people who will stand up to them harrrasing. They will press you on the phone and quote a load of financial blurb! Just be firm and repeat yourself and then say to them if thats all ill hang up now and dont call me back. I think there little texts they send from money alert are just hilarious they sound like a desperate ex stalking you to get back with them!!!

Re: MBNA contacting you

Hi Ireland 1 , I think on the internet that is just if you want to receive additional marketing information, how would you like to be contacted, eg. via phone, post or email.
As far as I know.

Lol I don't know were my head is lately:eek:! I clicked e-mail so no doubt I'll be inundated with bull ****!

I'll give you another example of their crazy behavior a friend of mine who never missed a payment in his life got a phone call from them because THEY forgot to add a euro fee to his account! The bloke on the other end of the phone made him REPEAT AFTER HIM - I ----- WILL PAY MBNA A EURO ON THE FOLLOWING WORKING DAY!!!! He still to this day ****es himself laughing when he thinks about it.

Funny as it sounds it’s also down right scary!

I wonder are MBNA starting to mellow/got stung by the recent bad press or a mixture but my brother in law owed them in excess of 30k but then lost his job.
He offered them a settlement of approx 50% which they refused.
Seven months on and only paying them a token gesture each month,and with a threat of debt collectors/court looming, they have agreed a settlement of less than the 50% originally offered!

Needless to say he is relieved, fearing the worst was about to happen.

I wonder are MBNA starting to mellow/got stung by the recent bad press or a mixture but my brother in law owed them in excess of 30k but then lost his job.
He offered them a settlement of approx 50% which they refused.
Seven months on and only paying them a token gesture each month,and with a threat of debt collectors/court looming, they have agreed a settlement of less than the 50% originally offered!

Needless to say he is relieved, fearing the worst was about to happen.

I think they are defiantly on the back foot over the the overcharging.

,and with a threat of debt collectors/court looming, they have agreed a settlement of less than the 50% originally offered!

Has he this agreement in writing? How much of the amount owing is made up of interest, charges etc other than the original debt amount.

Has he this agreement in writing? How much of the amount owing is made up of interest, charges etc other than the original debt amount.

He has a written agreement, he got onto them as soon as he lost his job so the debt froze after 2 months I think.

Back