mazda 6 vs audi a4 estate running costs query

daithi

Hi folks i'm lloking at 2 cars to replace my 04mazda and am looking at 2 cars...

1. 2010 mazda 6 2.2l TS hatchback, 41000 miles.,
2. 2008 audi a4 sportline estate, 44,000 miles

Both for sale at 20k.., both diesel
My question is: which is the better deal,based on selling price , and on running costs-I would be keeping the car for 4-5 yrs-unless me wins the lotto in the meantime:D

daithi

Last edited:
What engine is in the A4?

From your other thread, you may not be doing enough mileage to justify a modern diesel engine, and so if you do go down that road, you may need to factor in the cost of replacement of the diesel particulate filters for both models in your calculations.

Hi daithi,

Me being of the sensible variety, and judge cars as a necessity only to get from A to B, I talked himself quite a few years ago, into moving from the 626 to the Mazda 3. With the price of fuel going up constantly I think the 6 is too heavy for the average family.

I would agree with Sue Ellen. I know quite a few families who are ditching their large family cars (A4's, Mazda 6's etc) for smaller more fuel efficent models such as Golf's, Megane's & Focus's. A diesel golf for example will do around 70 mpg compared to about 55 mpg for most large family cars.

''A diesel golf for example will do around 70 mpg compared to about 55 mpg for most large family cars. ''

You might get that sort of mileage on motoway driving alone. You certainly won't get it around town.

Back