mazda 6 price comparison query

daithi

Hi folks, I have the option to buy a car and the local garage has 2 mazda 6 on offer..

1. A 2009 mazda 2.2ts hatchback with 52000 miles - 16895 incl trade in
2. A 2010 mazda 2.2 ts hatch with 41000 miles for 19895 incl trade in
Both cars are identical as regards spec and build..

which is the better deal?
we currently do approx 9-10k mile/year--there are no petrol models available in this class..
thanks in advance,

daithi

So I guess, first thing to ask - why Mazda 6? Lots of cars out there in that class...

To me, for a diesel, it should average around 20K miles per year. What type of journeys do you do? City driving only, then I wouldn't go for diesel.

What are you trading in? Would you try to sell privately - you would get more selling it yourself (but then the hassle of it) & get more discount as a cash buyer... I would recomend checking out the car web sites, cbg.ie, autotrader.ie, etc to get the price range for these type cars (if you are going for Mazda 6). Also, what guarantee are you getting with those cars, what is the history of those cars...

mazda 6 query

I have done a bit of checking already-I like the mazda 6 as I've got one and am changing it for a newer model. The price seem ok for either car, im just wondering which of these is the better deal in comparison to each other.

cheers,

daithi

just had a quick flick through carzone and looking at the prices they dont seem to be allowing you a whole lot for your trade in, prices quoted there seem to be the prices you have posted, incidentally i see a 2010 1.8petrol with 29k km for 16950 in wicklow, had a 2.0ltr petrol 626 for 5yrs and a 1.8 6 petrol for past 4yrs, fantastic cars but id be looking a bit more maybe??

OP, just Google something like "Mazda 6 DPF problem" - modern diesel engines aren't designed for school-run type driving. At your level of mileage a petrol would be much more suitable.

check when they were registered, it's conceivable that one is Dec'09 and the other Jan'10. In that case it makes sense to go with the €3k cheaper '09 as there'd be very little loss on your 3 year warranty and as long as there is fsh for it, then it's only a small difference in mileage anyway

I saw some good deals on www.autotrader.co.uk of similar spec or better (lots for sale )
You could pick up an 09 for 7k sterling some cheap 2010s too . The vrt comes in at 5300 euro so circa 13.5k euro - 14.5k euro in total worth having a look at this option .

if your searching use l35ul post code , its liverpool Ithink .

YOU SHOULD USE THIS AS A NEGOCIATING TOOL WITH THE GARAGE IF YOU DONT WANT THE HASSLE OF BUYING IN THE UK .
YOUR NOT GETTING A GOOD DEAL IMO.

thanks for all the suggestions- herself spotted an automatic audi a4 estste and is now smitten by it--its back to the drawing board, methinks.

daithi

Back