May be about to go into arrears on family home; two BTLs

The reality of this situation is quite stark. As an ordinary person I wouldn’t be at all comfortable if I were in this situation. I think selling main residence and property 3 makes most sense . I wouldn’t sell all 3 as in some parts of Meath you would not purchase a family home for 3-400k. Doing nothing or delaying is not an option as this could mean in the end they whole family will end up homeless. To be fair once bills insurances and food are paid for I could see 4000 of the remaining monthly income easily diminish with the car loan and credit card. I would also get rid of these or at least reduce them to give breathing space or enable overpayment of a mortgage. I would also look at switching to a fixed or green mortgage rate if the remaining house of ber B3 or above. I am no expert but it could give more security in repayments and allow u to grown your cash cushion again over time.

I don’t think you have msny options other than to sell the PPR. That level of debt in your position is not sustainable.
im not sure how the OP has ended up with such little equity?

The only other drastic option is to rent it out while in turn renting a more modest home and accelerating mortgage payments.

Back