Max Maternity Benefit Payment

mary123

I am due to start maternity benefit in Jan 2010. My husband has recently been made unemployed and has applied for job seekers benefit. Does anyone know if i would get more maternity benefit for him with low income or is it totally capped at €280/week. I assumed it was capped but looking at forms it asks of claiming extra for dependant? Is there anything else we could look for? Our situation will be 2 adults, 2 kids, total income maternity benefit €280 plus job seekers €204 equates to €484 per week. We have high mortgage and usual bills. Never in this position before and would like to get sorted as much as i can before the new arrival. Thanks

Hi there

I am off on maternity leave at the moment. I am getting €390 per week from the state. My husband is on a low income and they told me that I have to inform them if his earnings increase to over €300 per week.

I was also on maternity leave in 2008 and I received €353 per week, also because hubby was on a low income

Hope this helps

Tomorrow

sorry yo jijack this thread but ill be going out maternity in march too and was wondering since we are not married will it make a difference to how much maternity pay i will get? Its our first child and partener on job seekers as well

Back