Mattress Disposal

Marco 1972

Hi

Live in North Dublin, Donaghmeade area, any recommendations for retailers who collect old mattresses when delivering new ones ?

Thanks

I've never found one, my local waste management centre charges €25 to take a mattress.

I have, in the past, successfully chopped one up & put into the regular wheelie bin.

Hi

Live in North Dublin, Donaghmeade area, any recommendations for retailers who collect old mattresses when delivering new ones ?

Thanks
The Bring Centre in Swords Estuary takes them. They charge per car/boot load so try bring other stuff you need to throw out too.
They take almost all categories of waste.

I have found that most furniture retailers will take away old mattresses when delivering new ones - for a charge. Generally €25 - €40 (eg, EZLiving, Arnotts).

I have found that most furniture retailers will take away old mattresses when delivering new ones
I went for this a few years ago till they told me that they deliver the matress and someone else picks up the old one a few days later. I ended up folding into hatchback and along with whatever else I could squeeze in drove down to Ringo. Cost a bit more than a wingo, bout €15 I think.

I am surprised there is no demand for 'reasonable condition' mattresses for emergency shelters for the likes of the homeless and refugees.

I went for this a few years ago till they told me that they deliver the matress and someone else picks up the old one a few days later. I ended up folding into hatchback and along with whatever else I could squeeze in drove down to Ringo. Cost a bit more than a wingo, bout €15 I think.
What does a wingo go for in Ringo these days, what with inflation n'all?

I generally stick an ad on adverts offering it for free, if it's in average condition it will go within a few days. Ensure plenty of photos.

Doesnt cost anything and it gets a second life. Not for everyone but there are plenty delighted to get it....remember when you stay in a hotel probably several thousand have slept on the mattress before you!

Used this crowd in 2016, no issues, found them good but you have to pay.

Bargaintown did that for us recently. They charged for the service, but we were happy to pay for the convenience of not having to arrange to dispose of them separately (multiple mattresses/bed bases). They delivered/collected at the same time.

Back