VHI Maternity query and Newborn cover

Familyof3

Hi all

We are due our baby in 2-3 weeks. I am with vhi and my husband is with laya. Vhi have told me I can choose any plan for newborn and it's free until our renewal (feb 2018).
I am looking to find the best plan.......so the maximum day to day etc. It's free :) I was thinking something like pmi3413?

Will laya allow my husband to add newborn for free too? So baby could have vhi and laya? Not that I plan on using it but we will have 6 week hospital check charge :)

Also I am going private and switched my cover from laya to vhi in feb (at renewal). It's the same cover laya simply connect to vhi pmi 4316. Vhi have said they will cover at simply connect cover....which is the same as pmi4316. My question is is it vhi who pay or laya? And fingers crossed there won't be any issue!

Familyof3,

Firstly, VHI will pay the bill as they are your current health insurance provider.

A person can only have one health insurance policy at any given time so it is not possible to claim from 2 providers.
While PMI 34 13 is an excellent plan with maximum day to day cover, children under 6 years have free gp visits.

Best of luck with everything.

Snowyb

Back