massive wicker chair

PGD1

Hi,

I saw a chair recently, but can't remember which shop I saw it in, but am interested to know if they are available anywhere in Ireland.

It wicker, but its basically shaped like a teardrop and would nearly be as high as a room... there is an opening to sit inside it, so it's basically a cocoon.

Anybody have any ideas? I'm finding it impossible to find anything with online searches.

I'm hoping somebody has one, knows where to buy one, or knows the name of the design so I can seach on it.

Thanks.

actually I just found this:

the one I saw had a nice cushion in it, the seated base was higher, and it seemed to be sturdier.

Any ideas?

my god I've found more:

scroll down... "Big Bottle" is the one. I've emailed them to see if they have suppliers but any other info is welcome!

That's quite cool actually....

I take it the base is weighted so you can lean on the sides without tipping over and rolling away :)

dont know if it really what you are looking for but instore have one called the Kenya Egg Chair, [broken link removed]

It is nice but maybe a bit too big for what you are after......
Best of luck,
FifiB

Interesting FifiB, thanks!

It is actually smaller than the one I saw.

Think I remember seeing one of these recently in Avoca on the N7 just outside Lucan.

I saw one on the top floor in Arnotts
And then I saw very very similar for a half price in Dunnes.

Avoca is prob where I saw it, thanks.
Dunnes... cool must check it out!

Thanks all.

Have to say, it sounds very like the Emanuelle chair...if you know what I mean ;)

Yeah, saw them in Avoca on N7 too. Massive and fab. Lovely price tag too - think 2,200euro or there abouts. Would be very interested to see if anyone can source them elsewhere for cheaper

I could be wrong but I'm sure I saw one in Abbey Furniture in Nenagh during the summer. You could give them a call they might still be in stock. I'm pretty sure it was nowhere near €2200 :eek:

Back