Martin McGuinness RIP

Poland: here could have been a grateful friend from WWII but since it is precisely to keep out Poles that the divorce is being sought, Poland and other Eastern European states will have the least goodwill of all towards GB.

While the idea of gratitude toward Britain as an ally in WW2 certainly does exist in Poland it is difficult to understand why.

Britain did nothing to help Poland that I am aware of during the war, and after the war shamefully abandoned the country to Stalin. It also returned thousands of Polish servicemen to the tender mercies of the post war regeime, http://www.ihr.org/jhr/v1/v1n4p371_lutton.html if you are interested.

Poland on the other hand made a huge contribution to the British war effort. While the popular British stereotype is to mock the Polish cavalry charging the German panzers, the contribution of Polish airmen to the RAF is often over looked. In fact the most experienced pilots and the most successful squadrons in the Battle of Britain were Polish.

The vandalism against the Polish cultural centre in Hammersmith was one of the most shameful (although obviously relatively minor) episodes in recent British history.

I see Arlene Foster has used the B word to describe Michelle O'Neill. Yes, she called her a (can I say this on a family show?)...Blonde:eek:

SF are, rightly, incensed at this latest victimisation of the Nationalist community, so I guess that's goodbye to power sharing.

Arlene Foster reminds me of the old sketches that Les Dawson did in drag...
hqdefault.jpg

Arlene seemed in that interview with the Sindo that she had a hang-up that she wouldn't win a beauty contest with Michelle. She complained of social media speculating that she might be a man. I would have thought that the ultimate complement:rolleyes:

SF can deny it all they like but from what I see Michelle does seem to be...well, blonde. I'm sure they have a genuine explanation, but let's hear it.

Back