March in New York

seanied

I am going to take my girlfriend to New York for her 30th birthday. I was thinking of going in March for 3 night would this be enough to just see a few of the sights and do a bit of shopping.
We would arrive early on Tuesday and leave late Friday night.
I was looking at the best western hotel near time square, anyone been or any other ideas???

Thanks in advance

Plenty of time to take in the highlights.....be careful to avoid the St Patricks Day rush...it is a big deal over there. I also reckon you might get cheaper flights after the 17th...

I am going to take my girlfriend to New York for her 30th birthday. I was thinking of going in March for 3 night would this be enough to just see a few of the sights and do a bit of shopping.
We would arrive early on Tuesday and leave late Friday night.
I was looking at the best western hotel near time square, anyone been or any other ideas???

Thanks in advance

My oh brought me for my big 30 in feb a couple of years ago and we went for 4 nights. We got absolutely loads done, sightseeing shopping etc, as we got up real early and didnt really do much drinking as didnt want to be wasting time having hangovers. The day you go home will be shorter than you think as you will have to leave early enough to get to airport.

Best western hotel is in great location not sure what its like, check out , also dont forget you will only really be sleeping in it so dont go mad on hotel price.

priceline.com works really well for NYC hotels. We bid for a 4* in MTE and got the Hyatt Grand Central, right beside Grand Central Station for $120 a night in January. Hotel is lovely and location fab.

For priceline help try www.betterbidding.com

Be prepared for all sorts of weather - we went for Paddy's Day about 10 years ago - watched the parade in a t-shirt, the following day we couldn't wrap up enought to avoid the cold!! But a fantastic city.....

Thanks for the advice i'm looking to go on the 25th march and back 28th.
Does it matter which airport we fly into, Continental into Newark is the cheapest for this time?

I was there in January 2006 and the weather was nice and mild! Was there in March 2007 and the wind would cut the face off you. Do check the weather before you go.

Was in new york for st patricks day 2003. Snow and it was freezing! I'd suggest getting the ferry out to Ellis Island - lovely views of the city and Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island was very interesting. I'd suggest going up the Empire State at night - lights are lovely and queues much less.

Back