Manuka Honey

ISBN

Hi

anyone know where stocks this in Ireland? I know you can buy it on the web...

Any good health food shop will sell it...It comes in 3 or 4 different potencies of the active ingredients-5, 10, 15 and 20. Theres even a sterilised one in a tube that you can put on open wounds. If you are in Dublin -'Nourish' stock it...they are on Wicklow St or in the GPO arcade. A company based in Wicklow Natralife are a distributer so they could tell you where your nearest shop would be! My nearest shop in Mullingar - Nuts and grains sell of of them. Its great stuff!

I've heard people talking about this in relation to Irritable Bowel. Is there anything else it's recommended for?

Stomach ulcers, candida, digestive disorders in general and it can be applied topically onto leg ulcers! Its got natural antifungal properties.

I know I can get snake oil on the internet but does anyone know where I can buy it over the counter in Ireland?

There are several websites detailing the benefit of Manuka Honey. Here are two links:
[broken link removed]
[broken link removed]

My mum swears by it- she eats a small pot over a couple of weeks twice a year. She has a sensitive stomach and has had ulcers over many years.

It is also reported to be good for acne. Although organic honey may be produce the same effects if used once a week for a face mask.

I heard Pat Kenny talking to a few people about this on his radio show last week. It sounds like it has some curative properties or health benefits but it did sound like the latest Royal Jelly type fad at times during the discussion (which might be available online). Probably best to research if there have been any reliable clinical trials or other rigorous research carried out that show whether or not it has any real health benefits before buying. The skeptic's dictum of extraodrinary claims requiring extraordinary proof springs to mind...

I read one of the articles referred to above a couple of years ago when I was finding out more about MRSA. A family member contracted the infection in hospital while having an operation. The wound from the op wouldn't heal 2 months after the op. According to the doctors the MRSA certainly wouldn't have helped the healing process.

So I bought a few jars of the Active Manuka Honey, made a present of them and a couple of weeks later after many spoonfuls and some topical application the wound closed up and shortly after completely healed. Perhaps it was a coincidence. Perhaps not. But when you have a wound like that you'll try anything and if it works so much the better. Impressive list of medical research done in NZ on this though - the University of Waikato even has 13 people accredited to its Honey Research Unit!

Holy Mackerel! Those N.Z. bees are going to have their work cut out if this takes off - between having their honey swiped and trying to counteract the new deadly bee diseases which are increasingly being reported. When humankind decides to destroy a planet it really destroys a planet! Wonder is there any 'manuka' equivalent to treat human greed and concupiscence?

Back