Manual Treadmill for elderly..

pudds

Any thoughts or Advice on these things at all just as an indoor walking aid. Love to hear from anyone that has or knows someone that has as they are quite expensive thanks.

I wouldn't be doing anything without an appropriate physio report and advice. There are other options also to consider, you can get stationary foot pedles as an example. It all depends on the person

Is it for yourself or someone else? Not that it matters but you need to know the person will use it! I bought many gadgets for my father including one of those foot pedal things but he never used any of them. Didn't even make the best use of mobility scooter which would have given him so much freedom but didn't like it.

Thanks for all your advice it's a guide and kinda what I expected, and yes it is for myself but it's complicated as I can't use my indoor exercise bike due to a rather large hernia waiting to be removed. My lower back is the problem at the moment and I need an aid to help me exercise indoor. Must be a stand up/on e.g. treadmill thing.

Would a 2nd hand one be worth it, say no more than €100

cheers

My wife had knee surgery a couple of years ago.

We created a "path" in the house and also in the garden that she used as a trek to get strength into the legs.

It was simple markings on the floors that got followed with approx 40 strides per circuit.

Back