Management Fees Breakdown

Round Tuit

Does anyone know if there is a standard formula in Ireland for how Managing Agents break down the fees for diff apartment/duplex types? In my bill they've given all 2 bed own door apartments the same fee despite 1 type being 29 sq m. smaller than the other which is a duplex. I don't think this is right (obviously I live in the smaller type!) and would have thought it would be based on square footage.

As far as I know it's standard enough for all residents of a development to pay the same management fee regardless of the type/size of dwelling. For example we live in a private (non gated) development of c. 140 townhouses near Dublin city centre and our management company (via the agent) sets the budget for the year and then divides that by the number of houses in the development even though there are two and three (and one four) bedroom houses and a small number have no gardens or green spaces adjacent but they still pay part of the garden/grounds maintenance fees. If you have specific queries about your situation then you should contact the management company (possibly through the agent hired to carry out the day to day management) asking for an explanation. Remember, if you are a householder then you are a shareholder in the management company and can raise such issues and propose changes (e.g. to the charging structure/split) at general meetings.

Yes I am writing to the Agents today (Wyse) but in comparison to your situation they have set different fees for 1 bed apts, 2 bed own door apts, and 3 bed units. I'm going to query with them why, as they are differentiating, are they doing it by number of bedrooms rather than square footage?

Maybe the mgmt-fee includes building insurance so more rooms would mean a higher fee, I thought the standard was different fee's for apartments with different numbers of rooms to be charged differently

Good point. Just to clarify my situation is that I live in a development of houses with no buildings/block insurance component (just public liability) included in the management fee so perhaps that's why it's a flat fee per household in my case?

Back