Management company in Budapest - anyone know a good one?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlastairSC

Must-have:

- respond quickly to emails and faxes :mad:
- actually visit property :rolleyes:
- show signs of interest :eek:

Probably shouldn't say which one I'm currently using so....

If anyone has positive recommendations I'd be glad to hear as I'm going over soon.

TIA

Hi there,

I don't know why people seem reluctant to name specific companies that they've had experiences with. Is this a forum rule? I think we would all benefit from more transparency by 'naming and shaming' companies who don't come up to scratch and lauding those that do.

Anyway, I use the people at Home & Office Management (). They look after my apartment in Budapest and I've just returned from purchasing a second apartment which I fully intend to throw in their direction. Previously I used a company called Central who, while they weren't criminals, simply weren't very professional either.

Hope this helps.

I don't know why people seem reluctant to name specific companies that they've had experiences with.
I think the reason for this is because most property management companies in Budapest are pretty bad. I would love to be able to post a list of companies that I've had good experiences with, but unfortunately the standard here is really low.

The main problem people seem to have is a lack of communication. For me, the major issue is the lack of links that companies have with potential tenants.

A company that has been mentioned here several times before (CH) seem to be the worst in terms of service. Home Management tend to be nice people but their flats are uninspiring and almost always overpriced. Tower Budapest are also nice guys but don't seem to be all that bothered when it comes to finding tenants. My limited experience with BPS Hungary has been favourable and they also pay for Google priority listings, which means that potential expat tenants will actually be able to find out that they exist. (Try searching for 'apartment budapest')

I've used Bpartner for last 18 months or so, they furnished and let the appt within a few weeks of handover and apartment has been rented since. Their rates are reasonable and they get back to me promptly with any queries I have.

That's more like it, well done budapest ;-) The more information we all have the better in terms of our own financial well being and the market as a whole. Publishing notes on poor companies can only serve to drive out the weak competitors from the market, a number which we know to be many.

Thanks people. Will check a few of these when I go.

For the record, the company I currently use is CE Estates on Veres Palné u. As I mentioned in a p.m. exchange with Budapest [thanks again Budapest], they were terrific in the first year but gradually the service deteriorated. Currently they are not responding to faxes or emails (I have proof of receipt and checked the destinations), difficult to deal with by phone, not sending quarterly accounts, and not visiting the apartment on at least two occasions when I needed them to. As this is a simple statement of my experience with them, I don't suppose it can be defamatory to outline it, but maybe the moderators will amend my post if it is.

Ah well, here's hoping for better....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back