management company demand €4000

S

sonie123

I recently bought a second hand (twenty years old)apartment in a small block of thirty. Within a couple of weeks of getting the keys (and before I'd even move in) I recieved a letter from the management company. Demanding €4000 (in 4 installments over the coming year) for Exploratory work on the roof to determine if it needs to be replaced.

legally do I have to pay this?

Should my solicitor (who has washed her hands of this matter) have uncovered this when running any searches?

Should the management company have mentioned this to my solicitor?

Its not a matter for a solicitor, its for a structural survey, which I suppose you didnt commission?

Having said that-is there any evidence that the vendor would have been on notice of this forthcoming charge? Because there is a standard query in the Requisitions on Title ( a set of questions always asked on a purchase) as to whether the vendor is aware of any proposals by the mge co to carry out any repair work. If Vendor replied incorrectly to this there may be a come-back for you.

structural survey carried out by professional. however since there is no access to the roof the surveyor could not comment .

OUF! Still- check if the management co. ever made a demand before from the previous vendor.

Back